FX Guide is running an awesome live stream from the floor of NAB. First thing they showed was a demonstration of a Nuke-Hiero workflow. Some of my notes:
- No timelines on any of this, it's a tech demo.
- Jon Wadelton stared in Hiero
- Embedded Nuke in Hiero. This was unbelievable, basically you had Hiero's timeline in Nuke (or vice-versa).
- Drag and drop footage from Hiero bins to Nuke DAG
- No rendering, a live link from one to the other. Make a change in Nuke and see it right away in the Hiero timeline.
- It looks like one program, the Nuke DAG is just a tab in Hiero, tight integration.
- You can now type text in viewer.
- There are new color pickers.
- There are now per-character text controls.
- Switch versions of Nuke comp in Hiero. So you could be looking at v001 and then switch to the v002 version of a Nuke comp, all in the Hiero timeline.
- Nuke comps are just external comps, not bundled in a weird Hiero file.
- fTrack-asset management built in
- Make notes in Hiero, can see notes in Nuke, all web based, so would be idea for remote workers.
- New color matcher tool
- UV editor ModelBuilder
- Color tools improved in general-UI polishing
- working on vectorscopes
- Houdini and VRay are working on being able to render deep image
You can check the live feed at FXGuide.